HAPPY THANKSGIVING post #4- My family

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello! To all of my American readers, Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you all have a good time with your families and have good food 💝

Other than that, today is going to be a personal post about how I am thankful for my family. My family is quite huge on both sides, so I want to put a disclaimer for everyone by saying that I am only going to do my immediate family. But I also just want to say that to those of you reading this, I am so thankful for you guys. Thank you for supporting me as a family and being apart of my life.
Anyways, let's begin!

My Dad, Wojciech

My dad is an awesome human being. He was born in Poland and when he was young, he moved to the US. Because of my grandfathers job opportunities around the nation, he moved to Pennsylvania, Texas, Nevada, and then back around again. My dad is the oldest out of 4 brothers, so he has had lots of experience as a leader and a father like figure. One of the cool things about my dad is that when he lived in Texas for a couple of years, he went to my middle school and high school. So when we go to these schools together, he tells me about all of the things he did in school and how different it was back then. I am so thankful for him because he is my crazy swim dad, he supports me when I have asthma attacks after a race, or when I have a breakdown before a hard race. He has payed for my swim meets and my swim club, and he  has also spent so much time for my club, as one of the leaders to help direct meets and he is on the board to help make the experience of the club great. I love my dad so much because he drives me to practice at 5 in the morning or drive back home at 8 at night, he keeps me in a good mood the whole time by giving me guidance and making jokes and weird noises that makes my siblings and I laugh. I wouldn't be the swimmer or person I am today without him.


My mom, Michalina

My mom is such a sweet woman. She was also born in Poland, but left with her family when she was a teenager. She moved to Phoenix, Arizona and lived there and went to school there. My mom is such a hard working woman, she was raising me while trying to get her masters, she moved to Texas with a newborn baby (my brother) and she even went to law school while pregnant with my sister. She has done so much for all of us, with making dinner at 8 at night, or buying clothes and gifts for people all over the family, she is such a thoughtful person and is always thinking of others. Some of my greatest memories with my mom are out car rides. We don't have that much time together during a busy school year because I have swimming and she has work and studying to do for the Bar Exam. But when we do have time together, we cry and talk about what is stressing us out, or we laugh about weird things that happened during our day, I love talking to my mom and learning new things from her. Her and I share a love for music, she has CD's of albums from movie soundtracks that make the car shake and give you chills. She also makes the best food, every night it is different and delicious. I love eating her food and I am so happy she is the one making it. I am so thankful for my mom because she has taught me so many things and has given me so much love. 

My brother, Matthew

My brother Matthew and I are 6 years apart. He was born in Phoenix just like me, but he was basically raised in Texas. Matthew is such a funny and good looking guy, I just know that girls will be drooling over him when her older. But he is honestly a good guy, he cares about animals and people and is always asking about how are people. He annoys me of course, just like any brother would, but I am glad that we actually have some things to talk about. I am thankful for Matthew because I love hanging out with him and talking about all sorts of things with him, such as explaining new words or subjects he doesn't know.


My sister, Adela

Adela is my only sister and she is adorable. Her and I are 11 years apart and she is such a talkative 3 year old. My sister is such a sweet girl, she is always saying hi to people and giving us hugs. I love this girl so much, she is always laughing and saying funny things. She is light of my life and right now she is into Moana and Frozen so we are constantly watching and signing songs from those movies together. My sister was the only one born in Texas out of all of us and she is awesome. I am so thankful for her in my life, whenever I come home from a bad day and she is at home and runs up to me to give me a hug, it makes my day. 


 The last person I want to talk about today is someone who is not in my immediate family but is someone that is like a sister to me.

My cousin, Loriana

My cousin lives in Chicago and she is one of my longest and greatest friends. Loriana is 17 and is like and older sister to me. We are always texting each other and facetiming when we have the chance. We also have this cute things where we send letters to each other all the time. Sometimes our letters are summaries of our lives at the time, lists if things that make us happy, or bucket lists that we want to do together. When something happens in my life, good or bad, Loriana is the first person I go to, to talk about everything with her for advice and opinions. She does the same with me. <3 I am so thankful for her in my life because she is one of my best friends and I love talking to her and seeing her. 


Thank you for reading this post! I hope you have been enjoying these Thanksgiving posts and are realizing what you are thankful for in your life. Happy Thanksgiving! I posted this on Friday because I was having a good time with my family at night for Thanksgiving. 

love,
yo girl emilia 




Comments

Popular Posts