HAPPY THANKSGIVING post #2- Traveling

Heyyyoo it's yo girl emilia and I am back with another thanksgiving post! I am super excited to talk about this topic, but I want to first point something out. I have been very fortunate to be able to go to all sorts of places in my life and even leave the country, I am aware that some of you reading this may have never been outside of your state, and that is why I am saying that I am not trying to brag in any way at all and I also want to talk about what I think traveling is.




 Hey Emilia, what is your definition of traveling?

Hey Emilia, what is your definition of traveling?
Thats a great question, Emilia. My definition of traveling is NOT getting on a plane and traveling to Paris or something like that, I think traveling is going to a different place or city that is not your home where you explore, learn, and spend time with people. Obviously, traveling by plane works too, but that is not the only definition of traveling that I have. I even consider taking a day trip to another city in your state or country to be traveling. You also don't have to stay in a hotel too, whenever I go to LA or Chicago, I always stay with family. Now that I have cleared that up, let's begin on why I am thankful for being able to travel. 

As a first generation American of a Polish family, I have had the opportunity to skip across the big pond and visit family members in Poland and soak in the culture that I am made up of. I enjoy it so much, seeing different parts of the world that you hear of but never really experience. Whenever I go back to Poland, I have such a good time laughing and exploring with my cousins, even if there is a language barrier. 

Most of you may be wondering of the places that I have been, well listen closely, and this is also as of November 2017:

US states-

Texas (where I live currently)
Arizona (where I was born and raised)
New Mexico
California
Louisiana
Arkansas
Mississippi
Alabama
Florida
Nevada
Utah
Illinois
Indiana
Michigan
Virginia
Missouri
Maryland
and North Carolina
*with these states, most of them are states that I have driven through for road trips, while others are places that my family lives*

International countries-

USA (where I live)
Mexico
the Bahamas
United Kingdom*
France*
Germany*
Poland
Slovakia
*these three countries are countries that I normally fly into and have layovers when flying to Poland (you can't have direct flights from the US to Krakow) *

As you can see, I have been to quite a lot of places, and I am so thankful for it because now I have so many stories, photos, and videos from all sorts of these places. I have seen the sunrise and set in the clouds and I have seen blizzards start in seconds, I have seen a lot, and I am incredibly grateful for it.
I now say to those of you who have never been on a plane or been out of country, you will travel soon. You may not travel that much when you are young because maybe it is expensive for your family to travel, or you have no one to see elsewhere, but as you get older, there will be more opportunities for you to explore the world. Just keep working hard and you can afford the travel and experiences, you don't need to stay in a 5 star hotel in Paris, it is just fine staying in an Airbnb in Boston. You just have to make sure that you are living it to the fullest.

Thanks for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed it and I'll see you tomorrow for another post!
love,
yo girl emilia




Comments

Popular Posts