GET HYPED PEOPLE! Geeky post #1

Hello! It is yo girl Emilia and today I have something different in store. For those of you reading this and don't really know who I am, I am a huge geek. But what is a geek? A stereotypical nerd is someone who is extremely smart and always gets good grades in school and can go on and on about a certain subject. Whereas a geek is someone who likes and follows fandoms that are normally sci-fi and are usually big fandom people. Also, when I explained this to someone, they said that I am a geek and a nerd because I know the difference. So...yay? Anyways, I wanted to start a series about how I make geeky posts talking about books, TV shows, and movies. For this post, I want to talk about all of the awesome things being released this fall and winter. Let's begin!

Stranger Things: Season 2 October 27, 2017

This post is obviously being posted after the release date of the season and I am actually watching it while I write this. Stranger things is a Netflix original series that is set in the 80's. Most of you may know what it is about, but for those who are unaware, let me explain. Season One is about a set of middle school friends: Mike, Will, Dustin, and Lucas. They are best friends and play Dungeon and Dragons, which has a role in what they are in the group. One night, while they are all biking home, Will gets lost in the woods. As he is lost in the woods, he keeps hearing weird noises and becomes terrified for his life. What happened to Will? That is what you try to figure out in season 1. When Will disappears, a mysterious girl with a shaved head escapes a government lab outside of Hawkins, the setting of the story. Something that is off about this girl is that she doesn't have a name, she only has a tattoo that is 011. Eleven, that is what the boys call her. She was in the military lab because she has special powers that they were researching, with Eleven's powers, the boys and the people of the town try to find Will before it is too late. In season 2, there are larger problems, Eleven looks for her real identity, a new girl called Max moves into town from California, and there is a weird slug animal that Dustin finds in his trash that he tries to figure out what it is. I highly recommend this series, it is funny, original, and very spooky. Perfect for fall and Halloween,
Image result

Thor: Ragnarok-  November 2, 2017

 Thor: Ragnarok is the third Thor movie in it's Marvel series. When you first look at the trailer and the movie posters, all you think of how awesome and crazy it looks. The main problem of the story is that a new villain, Hela has arrived and she is conquering the galaxy, especially Thor's home planet. So Thor brings a powerful team together, the Hulk, Loki, Valkyrie, and Thor himself. They have to figure out a way to defeat Hela, especially after Thor's hammer was destroyed. I love how colorful the poster looks, and the trailer makes it look like it will be very enjoyable this holiday season.


The Justice League: November 17, 2017

Image result for justice league movie posterThis is a very anticipated movie for this fall. The DC universe is starting to emerge more and more. They have had a couple of movies come out, Batman vs Superman came out last year and earlier this year Wonder Woman came out in June. The Justice League is about a world after Superman dies. As the Earth mourns, evil emerges and Bruce Wayne (aka Batman) creates a league field with superheroes to help fight off evil in the world, now that Superman can no longer do so. I am super excited to see this movie because having all of the superheroes together and seeing their on-screen chemistry and how the group comes together. I am especially excited to see Jason Momoa play Aquaman because I watch Game of Thrones and I really enjoyed him playing Khal Drogo. The trailer looks awesome and I love how some of the movie posters incorporate the old comic looks.



Coco: November 22, 2017

Image result for coco pixarCoco is a Pixar movie that is about a boy named Miguel that wants to prove his musical talents that everyone ignores. His great grandfather was a well known and popular musician that he wants to follow in his footsteps. One day, on the Day of the Dead, he finds himself in another world that is filled with skeletons and spirits. I know that sounds a bit morbid, but he ends up on the other side of the spectrum filled with all of the dead spirits that go back to their families as ghosts on the Day of the Dead. It is a whole family fun adventure for Miguel trying to get back to the other side, his side, and live the rest of his life. I am honestly pretty excited for this because one of my favorite movies is The Book of Life, and I can't wait to see another movie that involves the Day of the Dead. Another reason why I am pretty excited for it is that Disney has a short film before it and it is a Frozen Short Film! I am honestly a fan of Frozen and I cannot wait for the second one coming out in the future. The sisters have new dresses and it is all about Olaf going around Arendelle learning about Christmas Traditions because Elsa and Anna don't have any.

AND FINALLY: 

Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Image result for the last jediOH MY WORD! I am so hyped for this movie. I am a huge fan of the Star Wars series and I just can't believe that I am living in a generation where Star Wars movies are being made and released! We have left off from Episode Seven last year where we meet new characters and have new problems. I am in love on how these movies look because we have all of these new different types of technology with CGI and new writers and my mind is blown on how they can make a movie so dang awesome! Obviously, I can't say too much or else I would be spoiling it for you, but in this movie, we have Rey and Luke training together that way she can master the Force. Whereas on the other side of the Universe, the First Order and the Resistance battle each other after the events of Episode VII. This has got to be one of my most anticipated releases of the year. Finally! 




Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed this blog post about movies and other things that are coming out that I am very excited to watch. Also, thank you for allowing me to be a bit geeky 😋

Love,
yo girl emilia

Comments

Popular Posts