My Perfect Summer 2018 Playlist

It is the middle of June. You are either having an awesome summer so far, or you are already getting bored. If you are in either of those situations, I have a playlist here that you can listen to with your friends, or to just jam out to in your room. It's yo girl emilia and I will have a Spotify link down below for you to be able to listen to this complete playlist :)

disclaimer: lots of these songs are expletive, so cover your ears, young children

I have split the songs into 4 categories with 5 songs each. We have Pop, Rap, Alternative, and Oldies. Let's begin!

POP:

One Kiss by Dua Lipa and Calvin Harris

This song is honestly so much fun to listen to. I always feel like I am at a club with the light up dance floor dancing the night away when I listen to this song.

All the Stars by SZA and Kendrick Lamar

I consider this song to be more poppy than rap because of the way I get so pumped when listening to this song. I could dance, sing, and rap to this song, which in my books, makes it a pretty good song. 

Middle by DJ Snake

Okay, yes this is a bit of an old song, but it is one of my most favorite songs. Whenever I hear this come across in my playlists, I automatically bob my head to the beat because it honestly has such a different electronic beat to it and I think it will never get old. 

Girls Like You by Maroon 5 and Cardi B

I really love the music video for this song, it is so cute and cool. I really enjoy this song because it is a bit more mellow than the past couple of songs that you could listen to whatever you are doing. I also really love Cardi B's part in this song, it just fits in perfectly, in my opinion. I think this is a great poolside song.

Nice for What by Drake

Another emergency dance party song. I love this song so much and Drake does an awesome job making songs perfect for working out, partying, driving, and for summer. 

Rap:

Better Now by Post Malone

YESS POSTY, wow. okay. speechless. This song is so freaking amazing and awesome to listen to. This is such an awesome song to listen to by yourself while you sing in the shower, or jamming out in the car with your friends. Plus the album name is pretty funny, right? It's "beerbongs & bentleys" .

I Like It by Cardi B

I have just recently discovered Cardi B within the past couple of months and I am absoluetlyyyyy in love with her new album. This is honestly such a bop that I can play to immediately improve my mood.

44 More by Logic

When Logic released this song, I automatically really liked this song because of the beat and the lyrics. In some parts of the song, I find it really funny and I also think that it is a really good song to pump up to. 

Gods Plan by Drake

Drake has honestly been making a lot of awesome music this year. This song came out earlier this year and kids all over my school were dancing to it and singing the lyrics and screaming out, "SHE SAID DO YOU LOVE ME, I TOLD HER ONLY PARTLY, I ONLY LOVE MY BED AND MY MAMA I'M SORRY!" ah, such good memories. what a great song to dance to this summer. 

This is America by Childish Gambino

I was very surprised that Donald Glover (aka Childish Gambino) came out with a new song and boy, I was not disappointed. This song brings so much awareness to issues within America, and it is also a VERY different kind of rap song that not a lot of people are producing now. 

Alternative: 

okay i don't know if you would really consider this "alternative", but let's just roll with it.

Television/ So Far So Good By Rex Orange County

I LOVE REX ORANGE COUNTY! What a good artist, this is one of his most popular songs and I honestly never get tired of it. This such an awesome lip sync song to drive to and listen to, I highly recommend listening to this song and to Rex Orange County in general.

Marceline by Vista Kicks

This song is awesome. It is not entirely a rock song, but it is such a headbanger. I came across this song when it was recommended to me on Spotify, and it immediately became one of my favorite songs for awhile. Highly recommend it.

Teddy Picker by Arctic Monkeys

What another headbanger. This song really makes me want to hop on a motorcycle with a leather jacket and beat up people at a bar. You know, the motorcycle gang stuff. 

Feel Good Inc by Gorillaz

This is a pretty old song that I recently got into, but it is really cool because it has such an awesome base line. 

The Man By the Killers

What a song! Dang, this is one of my major go to pump up songs and I love singing and dancing this song with my friends before swim meets, or just we want to feel badass. 

Oldies:

September by Earth, Wind, and Fire

No, it may not be September, but this is just a fun disco song to dance with people or by yourself while you are doing things. I don't know, just whenever I try to hit the AHH YEAAH DANCIN IN SEPTEMBER! just makes me really happy. 

Wannabe by the Spice Girls

THE ULTIMATE PARTY STARTER, that is with women. But honestly, this is such an awesome song to sing in the shower and also with your friends as you are getting ready for a night on the town, sorry boys. 

Highway to Hell by ACDC

I am a big fan of ACDC, my dad and I always sing and air guitar when we drive to swim meets and swim practice. So, I love screaming this song to get super pumped up in a rock and roll fashion by ACDC.

Heart of Glass by Blondie

This is another one of my favorite disco party songs. I was actually reminded of this song when I heard it in a Freebirds (an awesome burrito place) and I kept dancing to it and I was like, "I need to add that to a playlist!" Anyways, I dance to this in the car and in my room, maybe you will too!


Bellbottoms by The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion

I first discovered this song last summer when it was in the opening scene for "Baby Driver" an awesome movie that stars Ansel Elgort and a lot of other familiar actors. Either way, I liked the fast pace movement of it and towards the end when you have the guitar solo, you know I am having an air guitar solo. Not a lot of people know about this song, which is why you should check it out!


Well, that's it! Thank you for reading this blog post, and if you want to see the Spotify playlist I made for this playlist, the link is below:



If you liked this playlist, be sure to check out some of my other public playlists! 

Once again, thank you for reading this, I really tried to think of an even amount of songs for each category for people to enjoy. This my perfect summer playlist, so if you weren't a fan, just make your own that you think is perfect.

Love,
yo girl emilia

P.S. Check out my social media below!

Twitter: emiliakmrugala
Instagram: yogirlemilia
Youtube: Emilia Mrugala


IF YOU LIKED THIS, YOU WILL PROBABLY LIKE:
What music I am listening to: April 2018

Comments

Popular Posts