What Music Am I Listening To Right Now: April 2018

Hey, what's up! It's yo girl emilia and I am here today with a chill post about some of my favorite music and recommendations that I have for you all. So sit back, relax, play some of these on Spotify or Apple Music (or whatever music streaming app you listen to) and read along.

My Favorite Spotify Playlists:

Okay, sorry for all of you that only use Apple Music or don't use Spotify, but here is just a quick list of my favorite Spotify made playlists and why.


  • Bedroom Pop- I have a Spotify playlist called Sunflower that has a lot of chill, alternative, rock songs that make me think of roadtrips and hiking. This playlist made by Spotify has some really good bops that I have added to my other playlists. I also love listening to this while doing homework. 
  • Cute Beats- I'm a pretty big fan of lofi mixes and vaporwave on YouTube. A lot of those artists also post their music on Spotify and I like listening to this playlist and the next playlist whenever I'm reading and relaxing.  
  • Chill Lofi Study Beats- This one is very similar to Cute Beats but this one doesn't have as many vocal songs. I have a playlist filled with a lot of chill lofi music and this helps me find some new, cool beats to listen to. 

My Current Favorite Artists that I also recommend

These are all very different, but somehow similar artists that I think that you should listen to. 

Chill- Study Artists:

Elijah Who and Verzache: These two are some of my go to's when I don't want to listen to vocals and heavy beats when I am relaxing, reading, or studying. I like Verzache because he does have some vocals in his songs, but he also has a lot of really cute ukulele and guitar parts that I just bob my head to. Elijah Who is very similar and he actually takes snip bits from old songs and movie lines to make them seem like a remix of some sort. Some of my favorite songs by them are

below:

Juvenescene by Verzache

Waiting for You by Verzache

crush on you by Elijah Who

this girl by Elijah Who

black coffee by Elijah Who

i love being with you by Elijah Who

and

Needs by Verzache 


Pump Up- Dancing Artists:

Billie Eilish and Dua Lipa: Most of you probably know these two awesome ladies, but I am here just to praise them some more. I'll start off with Billie Eilish, she has such a calm and enjoyable voice that I love to listen to whenever I just want to relax or whenever I want to pump up and go ride a motorcycle. Dua Lipa is very similar except for the fact that whenever I dance and think to her songs, I either feel like I am dancing on the beach in Miami or in a Nightclub in New York City (both very good analogies) Both of these ladies have become very successful and I cannot wait to see what new music they will come out with in the future. Fave songs:

bellyache by Billie Eilish

No Lie by Dua Lipa

COPYCAT by Billie Eilish

One Kiss by Calvin Harris (vocals by Dua Lipa)

ocean eyes by Billie Eilish

Blow Your Mind (Mwah) by Dua Lipa


(also Billie Eilish is only freaking 16 years old?!?! What?!)


Some More of My Favorite Songs Right Now

Vincent by Ellie Goulding (so peaceful)
No Excuses by Meghan Trainor (trust me)
The Less I Know The Better by Tame Impala (mega black leather jacket vibes)


And that's it! I hope you enjoyed some of my recommendations and let me know what are some of your favorite songs and artists! I love discovering new songs and artists, so let me know on my Instagram on who I should listen to! Thanks for reading!

Love, 
yo girl emilia
P.S. My Spotify Playlist Links are below!

Instagram: @yogirlemilia
LAVENDER PLAYLIST: yo these are pretty cool too
(the lavender playlist is like my "chill study playlist")
BABY'S BREATH: such sweet serenity
(this is my lofi-chill beats playlist)

Comments

Popular Posts