GEEKY POST #2: Spring and Summer Movies

Hey! It's yo girl emilia and today I am here with another Geeky Post. In my last post, I talked about the upcoming movies that were released in the Fall of 2017. Today, I want to talk about the movies that I am excitedly anticipating for this year. So excuse me while I geek out.

Avengers: Infinity War

April 27, 2018

Well jeez, I guess we have to start off big with this post. Either way, it is less than 1 week away until the release of the third Avengers movie will come out in theaters. The whole world CANNOT HANDLE IT. Did you see twitter explode when the trailer came out?!? So much happened in that trailer and I still cannot wrap my head around it. In this installment of the Avengers, Thanos, a big purple thumb lookin' dude, is going around the Universe conquering and searching for these mystical objects called the Infinity Stones. When all 6 stones are united, Gamora (from the Guardians of the Galaxy and his Thanos' daughter) says that Thanos can just erase half of the Universe with the snap of his fingers. One of the problems is that a couple of the Avengers posses a couple of the Stones. So then Thanos tries to come and get it, then we have a war to protect the Universe and to protect Earth, and it is just one big happy family Marvel reunion! I am super excited to see this movie and I also excited to see how Chris Pratt, Robert Downey Jr, and Tom Holand will perform with each other on screen.


Deadpool 2

May 18, 2018

The first Deadpool was a great movie that stared Ryan Reynolds playing the explicit "superhero". I personally haven't seen this movie, but I put this here to inform you about it and maybe hype you up for this movie if you are interested in it! I have seen clips of the first movie, and the trailer and sneak peeks for the sequel and I just have to say that Ryan Reynolds does not disappoint. He is an extremely funny actor that makes you laugh over the weirdest things, one of my favorite things about his "Deadpool" character is how he breaks the 4th wall. "Breaking the 4th wall" is a term used in movies that means that a character breaks away from the main story and either makes a comment to the audience (like and aside during a play) or comment on how none of what is happening is real. This effect is used in dramatic ways, and also many comedic ways, which the Deadpool series does very well with.  



Solo: A Star Wars Story

May 25, 2018

Han Solo is one of my favorite Star Wars characters. In the original trilogy, he added lots of humor to the drama scenes and it is honestly always good to have a badass character. This movie is going to be about how Han became THE HAN SOLO and how he got the Millennium Falcon. It is set between Episode Three and Four and shows the current regime of the Empire under the Emperor and Darth Vader's rule. There are many recognizable faces in this movie. You have Woody Harrelson, my bae, Emilia Clarke, and DONALD GLOVER AS LANDO!!! I am pretty darn excited to see how he will play that smirky dude. It will be released during Memorial Day weekend and will be a pretty exciting back story for Han Solo. 


 The Incredibles 2

June 15, 2018

Finally! After nearly 14 years ever since the first movie, we finally have a sequel for the awesome Disney Pixar's The Incredibles. This movie is supposed to start RIGHT after the end of the first movie. The first movie ended with a cliffhanger of some sorts of a huge villain emerging from the ground. 14 years ago, some people were satisfied with that ending, others weren't. I was actually pleasantly shocked when I heard that they were making a sequel for this movie, and I am super excited for it. The movie seems to be very similar to the first one except for the fact instead of Bob (the Dad) being the superhero, to the Mom now being the main, new superhero. It is a switch of the roles and I am very interested to see how that will play out. I have seen memes and tweets all over the internet over how people are telling parents not to take their kids to the movie theater when it comes out first because, teens and adults will all be seeing it as a tribute to their childhood, which I thought was really funny. 😂


Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

June 22, 2018

This is the sequel to the 2015 Jurassic World film. When we left that movie, the island was left uninhabited except for the remaining dinosaurs that human kind does NOT want to mess with. Now when we look at this trailer for this movie, there was actually a freaking volcano on the island that is threatening to blow the whole thing up. The whole movie is basically one huge rescue mission onto a big explosive island. They try to save some of the dinosaurs and it is honestly a great chance to see Chris Pratt be sassy again on screen. To be quite honest, I didn't really like Jurassic World and I feel like this is just an unnecessary movie that didn't need to be made. What do you think?


Thank you for reading another blog post about me geeking out over upcoming movies. I hope you look forward to these movies as I anticipate them too. Thanks again for reading this, I hoped you enjoyed it and let me know what you think of any these movies!

love,
yo girl emilia


Links:

Instagram:@yogirlemilia
YouTube:LA 2017 vlogs
Twitter:@emiliakmrugala

Similar Posts:







 

Comments

Popular Posts