SPOILER FREE Avengers Endgame Review

It is 10pm on Saturday, April 27th and I have some MAJOR thoughts. I just got back from seeing Avengers Endgame in theaters and I wanted to give a review for a movie that darn good. Don't worry, it is spoil free review that way those of you that haven't watched it can read this. Let's begin:
This poster is absolutely beautiful


Avengers Endgame is the final movie/conclusion in phase 3 of the Marvel Universe. The whole "definition" of the phases is that while the phases go in chronological order, each phase is comprised of movies that solve/introduce problems and characters. All of the movies in phase 3 were leading up to Thanos and beating him with his 6 infinity stones. You have to see the movie to see how it plays out, but let's just say that Marvel has officially carried onto phase 4.

This movie was surprisingly a lot funnier than I expected. I think they made this movie a lot funnier just because Infinity War was absolutely depressing, filled with too many deaths. Paul Rudd is an anti-aging god that has a part in the movie filled with one-liners and jokes that lightened the mood. Many other actors and actresses also did such a good job with just their performance in general as well.

One of the main concerns everyone has is with the length of the movie. Sure, 3hrs and 2mins is a really long time, but when you have to answer so many questions and fulfill so many expectations for such a large audience, it makes sense. I didn't have a problem with the time at all, my emotions forced me to stay in my seat so I wouldn't miss anything ;)

The fight scenes were incredible. I won't give anything away of course, but I was blown away by these fighting sequences between the characters. I take my hat off for the choreographers and CGI people that make these fights possible because damn, I wanna go learn Krav Magra or knife throwing.

Overall, I have to say that the movie did EXACTLY what it needed to do. I am very happy with how the movie ended and how this phase has ended. Of course, I'm gonna need a couple of days to get over it and grieve, but watching this movie made me fall in love with Marvel again. Marvel has done such a fantastic job with telling each of these characters stories and allowing the audience to sit on the edge of our seats, craving more. You have people watching the Marvel movies hundreds of times so they can analyze each frame and scene so they don't miss any detail. People are so dedicated to the story, lessons, and foreshadowing which is why I applaud the cast of the Marvel cinematic universe, the Russo Brothers for filming this movie, all of the past directors, and Stan Lee for making this world with his comics with Jack Kirby.

I am very excited to see where Marvel is going to go next. Endgame may have answered a lot of questions, but it has given many others that need to be answered. Please leave your thoughts below, but no spoilers, please. Thank you for reading this, hope you have a great day!

love,
yo girl emilia

Comments

Popular Posts