What is a bullet journal?


 Hello! It's yo girl Emilia and today I want to talk to you about a topic that I have been asked about A LOT. So what is it? Well before we jump to conclusions, you may have noticed that my background is different. You didn't notice? Oh well, *shrug*. Anyway, I will now try to change the background of my blog once a month to spice things up and to make it look exquisite *snaps fingers*. So enjoy!
Let us dive in! *splash*

A bullet journal is a journal and planner that YOU design and make

Design and make? Hold on, does that mean I am going to have to talk to some random designer to get this thing made? No, no you don't. Like I said above, it is a planner and journal that you make. Why? Well, there are people out there that have planners and want to spice things up and make it more towards them. Or maybe you want to try and achieve goals as New Year's resolutions? It is whatever you'd like! For a bullet journal all you need is a journal and pen. Some of you reading this maybe have seen a bullet journal and may think that you need feather tip calligraphy pens from Uruguay, or need leather-bound notebooks handcrafted in Italy to make this. NO! I don't even have those things, all you need to make your bullet journal successful is to have a journal and pen. 

Okay, I have a journal and pen. Now what?

As I mentioned before, a bullet journal is a cross breed of a planner and a journal/diary. So many people just design their bullet journal as a mostly as a planner that is more beneficial and more aesthetically pleasing to them, while I and some other people use it as a planner and a journal. The reason why it is called a bullet journal is that you have bullet lists in it. Make sense? An example would be you making a bullet list of all the homework that I have to do Monday night:
⚫High School Swim practice
⚫Club Swim practice
⚫Science HW
⚫Math HW
⚫Don't forget! It's Mom's birthday.
And you can also see that you can add in events that aren't school related. You can add in birthdays, social gatherings, and whatever you want to write down that you think you won't remember.

The little things that make it special...

Ever since I have started bullet journaling, I have started and drastically improved my calligraphy and my handwriting. Lots of people do different things in their bullet journal, some people just use it as an artsy planner, some people just do the journal part, then there are people like me who do both. When I write about my day I don't go into full-on emotional detail, I normally talk about the most memorable things from the day. Some things that you can add to make it special is to print out photos and glue them in, or if you are really talented, you can draw whatever you like. Washi tape is a very popular thing, what it is that it is colored and printed tape. It isn't used for holding things together like a box or origami, it is used for decoration purposes. I honestly love it and there are some super cute ones online and in store. 

My favorite bullet journal supplies:

Journals-

UberWorks Tehnik Classic Hardcover Elastic Closure Vivid Red Notebook Bullet Journal Medium A5 Plain Creme Fedrigoni Paper ($9.99 on Amazon) ((this is the one I'm using right now))



Leuchtturm1917 Hardcover Medium Dotted Journal ($19.95 on Amazon) ((this is one of the most popular ones))



Pens-

◃◂Tombow Dual Brush Pens 10 packs- I have the Primary pack and the Bright pack (around $16.50 for each on Amazon) 
◂◃ Muji Ballpoint pens 0.38 and 0.5- I have all of the colors in 0.5 and a black pen in 0.38 (around $10 for the color set on Amazon) 
◃◂ Paper Mate felt tip colored pens (around $8.50 on Amazon for a 12 pack)

Stationary-

◠◡ Knock Knock "This Week" Pad- I also use this for planning :) (around $5 on Amazon)
◡◠Scotch Washi tape (there are three packs on Amazon for around $6 or you can get them individually at Walmart)
◠◡Stickers! I love sticking stickers on the cover of my bullet journal and also stick them inside.

How has a bullet journal helped me?

Ever since I have started bullet journaling, I have been more organized and artistic before. I love trying to make new and original spreads for upcoming weeks and months. I normally don't forget people's events and birthdays and homework and tests as I started this. I also use my bullet journal to achieve some of my goals, such as reading 40 books this year (23/40!!) and posting blog posts and I also put motivational quotes in to help me be motivated through finals week or champs season for swimming. Lots of people do different things in their bullet journals to motivate and make it more special and useful to them, it is all about your preference. 

Some spreads that you can use in your bullet journal!

🔷In my bullet journal, I make a habit tracker for each day in each month, it helps me keep track of which days were good, bad, or when I went swimming, etc; 

🔷I also have a key in my bullet journal to help let me know what is what when I write it down.

🔷At the beginning of my bullet journal, I normally have a log on which books I read throughout the year just to see when did I read those books :)








I hope this was informing and maybe this will cause you to make a bullet journal! It is not just for girls as well, it is for all genders because YOU get to make it! Alright, have a glorious life everyone.

love,
yo girl emilia!

 










Comments

Popular Posts