Happy Halloween! (2017)

Happy Halloween my peeps!

Hey it's yo girl Emilia and I just wanted to post a quick blog post for this holiday and to keep you updated on what is coming up. So keep on reading if you want to know what my costume was this year and how I spent Halloween!

My costume-

For my costume I decided to be a cereal killer, which is a play on words if you look at the photo. I completely made my costume myself and I started from scratch. I had a old white t-shirt that I splattered red food coloring on to make it look like blood. Then, I had small cereal boxes that I poked holes into. In those holes, I put red tissue paper and a plastic knife to make it seem that I killed the cereal box. I put all of these together with a hot glue gun and then I hot glued all of the boxes on the shirt. If you are thinking on making this costume for next year, DON'T put the cereal boxes on the back because when you sit down they will get crushed. 

How I spent Halloween-

This Halloween that I didn't go trick or treating. It doesn't really feel any different considering that I spend all of my other days living them and not dressing up and asking for candy. This Halloween was split into to parts, Halloween weekend and the night of Halloween. For Halloween weekend, my high school swim team had a costume Halloween party where we all got together and had fun. We played twister, carved pumpkins, had a costume contest, and one kid even jumped into the pool. It was really fun and I loved seeing how my friends dressed up, they also liked my costume a lot. For the rest of the Halloween weekend, I was binge watching Stranger Things (season 2) and getting into that spooky spirit. The main day of Halloween was on a Tuesday this year and as always, I went to school and had a fine day. When I got home, it was a rainy day in Houston and that gave the evening a sense of rainy eeriness. I was drinking tea throughout the night and eating candy while doing homework and watching the SNL Halloween special. It was a good Halloween.

My pumpkin is the one on the left!

What is to come-

I have a lot in store for what is coming here on the blog in the future. I was recently in Chicago this month for a family wedding so I have and awesome post about my trip filled with photos from my new camera. I also have a post about some fun facts about me so you can get to know me a little bit better. Then finally, I have a really funny and geeky post about some Fall and Winter releases that I think that you guys will enjoy. So stay tuned!


Thanks for reading, I hope you all had a fun Halloween, let me know what you dressed up as!
Love,
yo girl emilia

Comments

Popular Posts