What Am I Reading Right Now? September 2017

Wait... You like to read?!

Yes! I love to read. And now that I mentioned books, probably a bunch of you will not read this because you think books are the root of all evil, and no they aren't. But anyways, I believe that everyone is a reader. You may not be one now, but you will most likely be one in the future, you just need the right book to get you started.

So... I have been having a reading problem recently...

*gasp* I know! For those of you that are not very familiar with me, I am a hardcore reader. I have read 700-800 paged books in less than a week, I have read a 400+ book in less than 24 hours. I have read a bunch of books and people always look at the book I have with me and are like, "How long can it take you to read that?" 
"A week..." 
"OH MY GOD!" 
So yes, I have a reputation for reading a lot and being that "book friend", but recently I have been having struggles reading. In May, the conclusion to the A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas, came to a close (ACOWAR WAS AWESOME!!! I HAVE NEVER CRIED SO MUCH OVER A BOOK) Anyway, like most people, you sometimes experience a reading slump, where you don't really read a book after you finish a really good one. So I finished that book and then I slowly got into Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth. As I finally got into it, I was flying to LA and I was FINALLY getting out of the reading slump. But... then I lost my book at LAX, way to go Emilia. 😒
I was so angry at myself from it because that was the book that I got right on its release day and that was also the day I got my braces off, so it was a celebratory book and I lost it. 😖

After that moment, I came back home and tried to start reading different books. I tried Six of Crow by Leigh Bardugo but I was so distracted and confused (I promise I will read it later), then I tried to read Fangirl. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell is a 400-page book and I finished it in a month... such shame,  I know. I enjoyed Fangirl a lot, it was so cute, but that was the only book I finished this summer 😣 The reason why I was so busy and unable to read was that I was busy taking World Geography online over the summer, I was trying to cram a semester into 3 weeks, so I was a bit busy.

But anyway, now I am reading again! Below is what I am currently reading. ⇊



Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas 

This book has been soooo good so far. This is the 7th book in the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas. Obviously, I can't give you all the details and spoilers about Tower of Dawn because it can spoil the whole series for you. Anyway! I'll tell you what Throne of Glass if about. Throne of Glass is about an assassin named Celaena, who was recently in a slave camp for her past crimes. She is brought before the king, who is running a challenge on who can become the King's Assassin so he can kill anyone he likes. Members of their courts choose their candidates and present them, Prince Dorian, the king's son, chooses Celaena as a chance for her to become free from Endovier (The slave camp). So within this book, we deal with the challenge and Celaena befriending people she would never expect to. In Tower of Dawn, we follow two characters that go to the Southern Continent to seek allies and for one of them to be healed by the greatest healers in the world. Sarah J. Maas is one of my favorite authors and I highly recommend this series and all of the other books she has written.




Ready Player One by Ernest Cline


Ready Player One is a book that I started reading when Hurricane Harvey hit Houston. It is a book set in the apocalyptic future where nuclear war happens and there is a disease epidemic, and the world has basically gone to crap. We follow our main character, Wade, who lives in Oklahoma and him and almost everyone in the world, uses Virtual Reality and futuristic technology to go to another world where they can be whoever they want to be and not worry about the horrible things that their real world is experiencing. One day, the creator of the game dies and posts a video about how all of his inheritance will go to someone that finds his hidden Easter Egg within the game. Years go by and no one has found it, some speculate whether or not if it is real. Until Wade finds it and inherits all of the creator's money. This book is great because the creator was born and raised in the 80's so all throughout the book there are 80's pop culture references. It is quite funny how everyone then invests all their time watching 80's movies and TV shows so they can try and find the Easter Egg that can lead them to fortune. This is Wade's journey, and it is a very enjoyable one to read. This movie is going to become a movie soon! They released a trailer for it during the 2017 SDCC and I think it looks awesome. The trailer is below!


Doesn't it look awesome? Then it is also directed by Steven Spielberg, which is a big name in Hollywood. Hopefully, this will be a great book to movie adaptation.













Vogue: October 2017 edition

I like flipping through magazines sometimes, I like looking at interesting articles and cool photos that the editors put in. Fall is already happening in the Northern Hemisphere and that means that it is also sweater weather. (Of course, it is delayed in Houston because we never really get fall in Houston 😒) But I will be going north to Chicago and Indiana later this month so I will have some type of feeling of fall, which I am looking forward to. Anyway! I like reading Vogue sometimes because you can look at what is in season and what big name designers are putting out on their runways. Plus, they usually have interesting interviews within editions, for instance, they interviewed Hilary Clinton on how is she doing after the election. I also LOVED this months cover, I think the purple and green look great together.



Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed reading this and I hope you read some of these books and magazines. I am happy that I am starting to read more and I will let you know what other cool books I will read!
From,
yo girl emilia 

Comments

Popular Posts