Savannah Film Photo Diary

Hey hey hey, it is yo girl emilia and I am back with another film photo diary. Nothing gives me a boost of serotonin as getting the notification that my most recent roll of film got developed and the scans were uploaded. This past Christmas, my family and I went to Savannah, Georgia to visit family and the beautiful city. I wanted to share some of my favorite pictures from that trip, sit back, and enjoy the pictures. 


Before leaving for Georgia, I had a small Christmas cookie exchange with some of my friends and this was how the table turned out with all of the yummy goodies people brought. I got pistachio balaclava for everyone and some of my friends made vegan cookies, date cake, different chocolate cookies, and other yummy desserts to share. 


It was such a fun time. This is a picture of me with the table and I came to the realization while cleaning up after this party that I actually really enjoy hosting (and I honestly think I am pretty good at it too ;) I want to throw more dinner parties in the future when I have my own place and learn how to cook some good recipes to share. 

Because driving for over 14 hours is tiring and too much, we broke up our drive from Houston to Georgia by stopping for the night in Florida. We got a small Airbnb in Panama City Beach, and when we woke up we went to the quiet beach. 
what's up squad fam

It was super windy and kinda chilly but the water looked so pretty and it was fun to walk along the beach before we continued on our final stretch on the road. I really liked how this picture turned out against the sun. The sea is glowing with the sun's rays, and then my camera does this weird thing with some pictures where the lens will glow around the picture, and here it looks really cool. 

This is my older cousin and me in front of the Forsyth Park fountain in downtown Savannah. I love the colors in this picture and it was such a warm afternoon. Also, I would like to point out my chicken sweater that has a beret, very chic if I do say so myself. 


On Christmas Day, my family and I went on a walk around the neighborhood where my Aunt and Uncle live before dinner. There is so much moss on the trees in Savannah that when the sun hits it just right in the afternoon, the shadows and the different shades of light are really pretty and relaxing. 


One of the most important Polish traditions is Wigilia, which is a feast we have on Christmas Eve. That meal normally consists of lots of good Polish food, but there is no meat in that meal, we typically eat fish. We celebrated Wigilia as we do every year, but on Christmas Day we had another good meal with meat. My dad made his famous turkey that is seasoned like crazy and deep-fried, and we had some leftover Polish dishes. Super yummy meal, I took a picture before we ate because I like how the table was set up and the chandelier. 


What?! It is yo girl emilia! Smilin in front of the Christmas tree on Christmas eve in a mushroom dress. Very nice. 


OH MY GOODNESS. The sweetest girls ever. This is Daisy and Poppy (Daisy on the Left, Poppy on the right) and they are Polish Lowland Sheepdogs. I took this picture the morning we were leaving and I was so happy with how it turned out because they look like 😥😰please don't go, we had so much fun with you. 



One day, we went out on the dock and decided to try and go fishing. Did we catch anything? No, but I was actually very close to getting something. We were using raw shrimp as bait and they kept nibbling at it and manage to eat it all several times without us being able to reel it in. #pain. We did end up seeing a bunch of dolphins which was really cool! I like this picture a lot with all of the colors and the boat. 


This is a famous fountain in downtown Savannah. If you have ever seen the movie, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, then some of the pictures I have taken might look familiar to you because the story is set in Savannah. I really like this picture because I love how the afternoon light hits the water and makes it sparkle. The Christmas decorations are a cute touch too!


Another dock picture because it was such a pretty day and the film developed so nicely. The blue boat in the background had some pretty wood paneling on it, I thought it looked like it would be in a Wes Anderson film. 


Alexa, play "The Christmas Song" by the Vince Guaraldi Trio from Charlie Brown Christmas. 


Finally, we have New Years Eve. I was home in Houston and I wore a tank top and shorts while we did sparklers outside. Warm Christmas and New Years Day this time around, but it did get cold a couple days into 2022. This picture was a fun one of a sparkler that I took as I tried to finish up my roll of film. 


New Year's champagne and sparkling cider with my family. I love how the colors look here and the pops of red from my nails and the raspberries in my parent's champagne. 

Thank you so much for reading everyone! The rest of the pictures on my roll were with family, so don't feel like you are missing out on a bunch. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and a great start to your new year. 

Wishing you good health and happy memories,
yo girl emilia

Follow me on social media: 
Instagram: @yogirlemilia

Comments

Popular Posts