Explaining My 2022 Mood Board

 When I am setting up a new year in my bullet journal, I have started adding an overall year mood board with pictures of things that set the mood for the year. Today, I will dissect my 2022 mood board and explain what each picture means to me. To start, 2021 was a big year of change for me. I graduated high school and started college, vaccines were rolled out and it provided some sense of normalcy during parts of the year, I finished my swimming career, and my overall perspective and personality changed as I became more independent. With all of this change, I hope 2022 is a year of growth and opportunity as I continue my path in university and being on my own. With that preface, here is my 2022 mood board. 


At the top left, there is a picture of the Trevi fountain in Rome with a quote on it saying, "Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving." I included this picture because the colors honestly worked well with the overall mood board, but because I thought the quote was a good reminder. I thought about this quote in the sense of being back home in Houston, every time I come back I have grown as a person and I know that my family will always be there for me. 

The picture next to that picture is of a room with an orangey glow from a sunset outside and it has a plant. After freshman year, I won't be living in a dorm and I'll be living off-campus. Hopefully, all goes well in getting my own place and I can decorate it and make it very homey. <3 Interior decorator emilia will be unlocked and she will conjure up a storm, to be honest (LMAO). 

The picture on the top right is a Pantone color swatch of a purple color labeled, "Amythest Orchid". The Pantone color of the year is actually a shade of purple called "Very Puri", but I thought that this one was pretty similar and decided to include it. If I were to give a color to 2021 I would say it was a shade of green or dark red. Looking ahead to 2022, I am getting...blue vibes? Maybe that is just because we are in January and I normally associate January with blue, but I guess we will see what color I end up associating 2022 with. 

The picture below the Trevi fountain picture on the left is a picture that says, "Do more of what makes you happy". That is a genuine goal of mine for 2022. I want to read even more books than I read last year, and I am trying to write more. Creating allows me to have an outlet when things get overwhelming, so I hope to enjoy what I do in 2022. 

The next 2 pictures (and the monkey sticker), kind of go together! If all goes well, I will be going to Costa Rica with an organization I am a part of at my university during spring break. I thought the pictures kind of played into the rainforest-in-nature aesthetic that people have described when they went. Very excited about that trip and opportunity. 

The next 2 pictures on the left are of a galaxy and earth with the words wrapped around it saying, "We're all in this together". I am not exactly sure why I included it, I think it serves as a good reminder though. Netflix has these comedy specials for New Year called "Death to 2020" and "Death to 2021" that recapped the crazy stuff that happened during the year. While watching the 2021 comedy special, I realized that there were a lot of natural disasters that I feel we glossed over or forgot about. It was definitely a reminder of how the climate is changing and how our actions are affecting the earth. 

The Motel picture was just a random picture I included to try and fill up space, but I hope I will have safe travels this year, no matter if it is by plane or by car. The orange picture repeating Grateful and Thankful in pink represents a goal of mine with showing more gratitude in my day-to-day life. The yellow picture right below it says, "Slow progress is still progress". College is a marathon, not a sprint. Sometimes it is hard to keep going when progress is slow, but I hope this quote can motivate me to keep going, especially with a longer spring semester. 

Finally, the last picture is of a purple test tube. Currently, I am considered a general engineering major at my university. At the end of the spring semester, I will be applying for which specific engineering major I want to pursue. I will be applying and hope to major in chemical engineering. I included the purple test tube to serve as a motivational reminder but also to fit with the purple color of the year!

In my eyes, a mood board sets the ambiance or mood for the year. It isn't necessarily a vision board- where you put things you want to achieve in the year, I just put things to keep in mind for the rest of the year. Thank you for reading! I enjoyed putting it together and writing this blog post. When I move to my second bullet journal of the year, I might do a later half mood board in June to see how my perspective of the year has changed. 

wishing you all a happy new year,

yo girl emilia

Follow me on socials:

Instagram and TikTok: @yogirlemilia

Comments

Popular Posts