My Favorite Skincare Products of 2019

Ah, the end of another year, and yet it is in the middle of winter, dry skin season. Last year, I posted a blog post about some of my favorite skincare products because I had launched myself into the skincare world. I was surprised by the feedback and response from it, and some people even left some of their recommendations in the comments! So here I am, back with more. I spent my whole year experimenting and working with different products so...Year two! Let's go.

#1-Milk Makeup Mini Cooling Water Stick $15

photo from Pinterest
I bought this at the beginning of the year with a Sephora gift card after watching so many reviews for it on Youtube. After starting a skincare routine in 2018, I was interested in serums and how they can help your skin. This was an interesting serum to use because it was one that you can use at any time in the day as a pick me up. I loved to use it after showering from a workout and then also when I was studying for long hours. The mini is a great size because you can apply it to areas on your eyes to "wake" them up.


#2-Drunk Elephant Hydrating Serum (Rise and Glow set: $23)

I made a blog post about this mini-duo earlier this year and reviewed the two different serums included. The Hydrating Serum was my favorite because it added an extra oomph to my routine in the dry winter months (I purchased it in January) when I would be getting ready after swim practice. My skin was super dry with the chlorine, and when I used this serum and a moisturizer, wow my skin was super happy.

#3-Thayers Witch Hazel Lavender Toner $8

Toners are interesting parts of a skincare routine. You use them after washing your face with a cleanser, and before you use your moisturizer. The purpose of a toner is to even out your skin's pH levels, soothe acne, and get any
picture from pinterest
remaining makeup or dirt off. This is one I picked up at the grocery store and I have really enjoyed it so far. Just like the cooling stick, this toner can be used at any time in the day to freshen up your skin with the sweet smell of lavender. My mom even picked up the rose one for herself!



#4-(honorable mention) Glossier Future Serum $24

picture from pinterest
When I visited Glossier in November, a free sample of their Future Serum was included in my purchase. Not too long after, I decided to use it one night and I
was pleasantly surprised! It has a strange color to it, kinda a rosy/coppery color, but I wore it at night so it wasn't too strange. My skin felt smooth afterward and I was happy with the results. Now, I have not used this product for so long because I only used a sample, but I thought it deserved an honorable mention.

#5-Glossier Birthday Balm Dot Com $12

One of my favorite products for last year was Burts Bees chapsticks. Continuing on my quest of trying out different chapsticks, I bought the Balm Dot Com when I visited the Glossier pop up in Austin and I have been using it ever since. This is
one of the first lip balms I am using where you apply it with your finger, and honestly, it is less messy than I expected it to be. The smell of this thing is so good and it always makes me hungry. Finally, this stays on forever and is really thick, which is exactly what I need for my dry lips. 

#6-Nivea Soft Moisturizing Creme $5

Ah yes, my crown jewel, the creme de la creme of my skincare routine. This dang moisturizer/creme has been in my life for so long because my mom introduced it to me when I was little. It is a simple, rich cream that can be for your face, hands, and anywhere on your body. I have had sensitive skin ever since I was young, and this is a great moisturizer to calm my skin down and soothe it. Living in Houston means that there is normally lots of humidity, which can be an issue if you wear heavy makeup, or like me, rich moisturizer. This is a great one to use because it is so light and fluffy and makes your skin happy, no matter where you are and no matter what season it is.

Well, that is it! Thank you so much for reading this blog post and all of my blog posts in 2019. I want to wish you all a Happy 2020 and healthy skin ;) be sure to comment down below some of your favorite skincare products below, I am always looking for recommendations!

happy new year,
yo girl emilia

follow me on instagram:
@yogirlemilia




Comments

Popular Posts