Allow Me to Reintroduce Myself: yo girl emilia

Tis I, yo girl emilia! I did some digging and realized that later this September it will be the 5-year anniversary of my starting this blog. What better way to come back from a break and celebrate the milestone than by re-introducing myself! 

Howdy friends!


  • My name is Emilia and I am from Houston, TX but I was born near Phoenix, Arizona. 
  • I am 19 and currently a sophomore in college studying Chemical Engineering. 
  • I am first generation Polish-American and I go back to Poland pretty frequently.
  • I swam for over 10 years competitively but I have since hung my cap and goggles. I still follow swimming news and have a slight obsession with Caeleb Dressel (but don't we all...).
  • I have a very large obsession with the Olympics. This comes from being a greek mythology kid, growing up a swimmer where the Olympics were practically our Super Bowl, and my own grandfather being an Olympian. 
  • I am a big coffee and tea drinker, preferably both hot. To hold these liquids, I collect Starbucks mugs when I travel. I have almost 40 mugs from different cities, states, and countries around the US and the world. (The You Are Here and Been There Collections) 
  • As an analytical #womaninstem, I also have several creative outlets. I enjoy photography, bullet journaling, art journaling, and embroidery. 
  • I really enjoy traveling, the whole experience of it. The airport experience, flying in a plane, visiting family, and visiting somewhere new. In my life, I try to prioritize experiences and moments more than material goods, and traveling is an example of that. 
  • I am a huge book nerd. I grew up reading all of the Percy Jackson books, The Hunger Games Trilogy, and my reading hobby continued as I aged. I am currently halfway through my yearly reading goal of 30 books for the year. If I were to give you a book recommendation right now I would say Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo or Beach Read by Emily Henry. 
  • I have a pretty diverse music taste, and it always surprises my friends. One time when I was in middle school, these kids in my class were going around guessing what kind of music people listen to. They turned to me, with my headphones in and reading a book (still listening to their conversation), and they said I probably listen to classical music. Which holds some truth to that. 
  • With family all over the country and my family going on road trips together throughout my life, I have been to about half of the US states. Here's a map!
  • My favorite candy is SweetTarts. I like the original ones which are the disks that come in rolls or the movie theater candy-style box. If I were to say what my favorite chocolate is, I would have to say Kit Kat or Krackle.
  • My next travel destination is Colorado! My family and I will be driving and spending some time there for vacation, so stay tuned to see what our trip is like there. 
Ah! How nice was that, I feel like we have caught up with each other after a while. I want to say thank you to those who have followed along these past 5 years, I appreciate your support. I can't wait to see what this new era of my blog brings!

Hope you are all having a great summer!

yo girl emilia

Follow me on Instagram: @yogirlemilia

Comments

  1. After all these years, I love how SweetTarts are still your favorite candy :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts