My Current Starbucks Mug Collection (APRIL 2021 UPDATE!)

Hi, hello, what's goin' on my dudes. It's yo girl Emilia and I wanted to do an update of my Starbucks mug collection after almost 2 years of posting my original collection post. I like to collect them when I travel to remind me of fun trips and they are honestly just really good mugs to drink out of for coffee and tea. The new mugs in my collection are the pictures with the blue/teal background. 



Disclaimer

I have been collecting Starbucks mugs for a good 5-6 years. I do NOT normally drink at Starbucks, so if you are wondering why I am spending $10-$15 on a mug while I'm traveling... well I don't go buy Starbucks or Dunkin every morning for coffee, hon. This collection is just a fun thing to do when I travel and I love seeing the colorful mugs in my kitchen. I am also not the only person in my family who collects these, it's really cool to see their collections develop too.

You Are Here Collection

Believe it or not, there are millions of people around the world that collect different collections of Starbucks mugs. Some collect them to sell them, display, or trade, and then you have me who just sits in the corner and is just drinking tea. The You Are Here Collection was released in 2013, first in the US, and it featured a cute cartoon exterior and a colored interior. This collection is slowly not being sold anymore in the US but it is continuing to be rolled out and introduced Internationally. 

Texas
This was my first mug! When my older cousin was in town for one summer, we went to a Starbucks and saw these mugs sitting on the shelf. She bought me this one and I immediately fell in love with the little longhorn on it.

Florida
Later that year, my family and I drove to Florida for Christmas! I loved the colorful palm trees on this mug and whenever I look at the yellow inside, it relaxes me. One cute thing is that the Florida mug and the Houston mug both have spaceships taking off because both cities/states have NASA bases!

Las Vegas
My grandmother brought this for me as a gift when she went to Las Vegas. Now, my OTHER grandmother used to live in Las Vegas and this mug reminded me of visiting her and walking up and down Las Vegas Boulevard.

Chicago
One year for my birthday, literally everyone brought mugs that were from their hometowns. My cousin brought me the Chicago and Illinois mug and I was so dang hyped. You see, this was after Divergent came out and I was a mega-fan of the books and movie. When I got the mug, the little subway reminded me of that scene where they jumped off of the trains, wow, what a time. Drinking from this mug just reminds me of that awesome city because I normally visit Chicago a couple of times a year.


Illinois
I gotta admit, this mug kinda confuses me. Of course, I am not from the Midwest, so some of these references don't make sense to me, but I really like the little black top hat to represent Abraham Lincoln. I also love the green color of the mug.

Nashville
There was a time that my grandfather was living in Tennessee for work and before he left, he bought the Nashville and Tennessee mugs for my cousin and I. (She also has a pretty good collection). But I love the gray and maroon color scheme of this mug and the little gold rooster :)

Utah
One set of my grandparents currently live in Utah. They mailed this mug to me in the mail one month and I was so excited. This is one of my favorites because of THE COLOR SCHEME! The blues, the greens, ugh iconic. I love how you have one side with a dude skiing and on the other, you have the MAGNIFICENT, iconic Arch.
Tennessee
As I mentioned above, my grandfather gifted this to me. I like the train on the front and the ~earthy~ color scheme. I hope to visit Tennessee in the future and hike in the Appalachian Mountains.


Kentucky
My cousin gifted this one to me for my birthday a couple of years ago. I have never been to Kentucky, but I really like the dark blue shades in and on the mug. The Kentucky Derby is shown right in the middle of the mug and I love the little horse and derby hat.

Houston
Ah yes, the mug that everyone chooses whenever they come over to my house. The Texas mug is orange and brown, so I was kinda disappointed when this mug had the same shades. But as I mentioned above, the Houston mug has a spaceship to represent the NASA Control Center. The colors have grown on me over the years, and I have to say that the brown interior looks the best with hot cocoa.




Austin
When traveling in airports, Starbucks will normally have the other mugs within that state. So when I was traveling to Los Angeles, I picked up this Austin mug from the Houston airport. I love the red in this mug and the huge cowboy boot on the front.


San Antonio
During the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, my family and I evacuated to San Antonio to stay with a family friend as the floods subsided. This mug reminds me of that time we escaped the city and sought dryness in the hill country of San Antonio. The red, white, and blues of this mug make it seem patriotic and cute, and then the Alamo is cute in cartoon form.

Arizona
This is the state that I'm from! When I was visiting it a couple of years ago for Christmas, I got the regular size mug and the mini ornament. I currently have the mini-mug ornament sitting on my desk today. I like how the Grand Canyon is used on the mug, but I would've honestly liked it if this mug was not the same orange interior as the Phoenix mug.


Phoenix
Ah yes, my hometown! This is one of the most geometrical designs on my mugs and I LOVE it. The lizard, the cacti, the sun in the background *chef kiss* fantastico. I love the color scheme, the shades of orange and reds go well together (ASU pride???) and I overall think the colors are great for waking up in the morning.


Los Angeles
Haha, one summer I went to visit my uncle in Los Angeles and I think I came home with like 4 mugs. I was surprised that LA was orange and yellow, I would've thought it would be shades of pink and red, but who am I to design? I like the Hollywood aspect of this mug, you have the spotlights, stars, movie camera, and gold hues.



Orange County
Why does one, a singular county in California have a Starbucks mug? Again, I don't work for Starbucks. My mom went on a trip to California to visit my uncle and while she was there, she picked up this mug for me :) I love the yellow of this mug and how the different shades of blue and yellow make up the palm trees.



Disneyland
This is one of my crown jewels, one of my creme de la cremes. The color schemes are very Sleeping Beauty (you know the scene where her dress changes from pink to blue) and I love the design of the fireworks and castle. I had a fun time at Disneyland when I got this mug, it was so nostalgic and every time I have my morning coffee, I smile at the sweet memories of Disney.



Krakow
Within the last couple of years, Starbucks has started to release mugs for cities outside of the US. They started with Paris, London, you know the usuals, then they expanded to cities in Europe, Asia, and Africa! When I went to Krakow last year, I picked this bad boy up and I love looking back at the mug and thinking about Wawel Castle, the Barbakan, or the Sukiennece while looking at this mug. ALSO! My heart SOARED when I saw that my little smok (dragon) was on this mug, thank god.


California
I love the simplicity of this mug. You can't see it, but the interior of this mug is a light blue that is soothing and appropriate for the state. Sadly, this mug is no longer available for drinks :( One day I was pouring hot water in this mug and I heard a huge CRACK and hot water spilled everywhere. I don't know what happened, but I was very confused and sad. Present-day, I have it sitting on my desk and that is where I have all of my lip balms in.



San Diego
Funny story about this mug. My local grocery store has a Starbucks located inside of it, and it normally has the usual Starbucks mugs. I walked over there one day, just to look at them and I found THIS. A San Diego mug in Houston, Texas. I bought it, confused yet excited. The interior is dark blue, which is one of my favorite interior colors.


St. Louis
St. Louis! Definitely an underrated city. I always had so much fun visiting this city and going in the elevator up to the Arch is really cool. I remember standing in the Arch and looking down at the Mississippi River and the baseball stadium where the Cardinals play. I like the red and gold color scheme of this mug and the huge arch framing the building. (Fun fact, St. Louis isn't the capital of Missouri, Jefferson City is)


Alabama
My dad had to go to Mobile, Alabama for a business trip and while he was driving there, he picked this one up for me. The reds and blues come together nicely and I think it's funny how football has such a presence on this mug.

New Orleans
This was another mug that my dad picked up on a business trip. I love New Orleans, I have so many great memories with my family and eating good food in the French Quarter. I love the green color scheme on this mug. Green is very present in this city, as it is one of the colors of Madi Gras. Madi Gras is also shown with a mask. I love the saxophone and shrimp, it looks like the shrimp are dancing to jazz music.

Aspen

Two summers ago, my family and I had our summer vacation in Colorado. One day we went to the grocery store and they had some of the You Are Here mugs that they didn't sell in a majority of locations anymore! Even though I have never been to Aspen, this mug is so dang cute and this may sound weird but I like how...blobby it is? It is not as geometrical as saying the Phoenix one is. It's cute, it's fun. My mom and I really love this shade of blue interior too. 

Colorado

My cousin got me this one for my birthday last year! Surprisingly, this one was in the Starbucks at one of the dining halls at CU Boulder when it is not being sold in the main locations. This one is really interesting because there is so much going on, yet it works really well. You got the mountains, the bikes, the campgrounds, and the big one here is the set of fighter jets because the Air Force Academy is in Colorado Springs. I lowkey like the green, yellow, and brown, it's different in the scope of You Are Here mugs. 



Vail

This is one of the other mugs I got from the random Starbucks inside the grocery store where I also got the Aspen one. The baby blue inside this mug is so nice and I have always wanted this mug because something about the little snowflakes and pine trees screams Christmas to me. 

Been There Collection 

These next several mugs are not a part of the You Are Here Collection. You have the older collection, the 2008 Icon Edition, and the 2018 Been There Collection. The Been There Collection is the main collection of mugs in US locations of Starbucks now. 

New Mexico
I got this mug last fall when I visited Santa Fe with my family. We really love visiting Santa Fe because it is not too crowded, with good food, rich history, and beautiful landscapes. This mug is a part of the Been There collection that was released in 2018, which is starting to replace the You Are Here collection. I like the Been There collection because it includes a lot more details than the You Are Here. The peppers, cacti, and landscape on this mug are drawn so well and I love drinking coffee from this mug. :)

Chicago
This Chicago mug is also a part of the Been There collection. My cousin gifted this mug to my mom for Christmas, and she loves it. I personally dig the color scheme, I like the light blue-grey and all of the doodles.


New Orleans

Hey hey hey, this is my most recent mug! Recently, one of my favorite color pairs has been pink and green, so when I saw this mug when driving home to Texas I fell in love. The details of this mug somehow reveal NOLA's French style yet the doodles also give it its own style. I like this New Orleans mug far more than the YAH mug, the pink interior is so beautiful with tea and coffee. Also, random note, but I honestly think that if Starbucks came out with a purple, green, and yellow (madi gras colors) mug- it would be sold out all the time because it would simply be a top tier mug. The world is just not ready for it yet. 

Georgia

I got this one when I visited Atlanta last year and the dark blue/royal blue color scheme is really cute. This is my mom's favorite mug to drink out of right now. The pops of orange are also really cute because orange and blue are complimentary colors. 


Utah

My cousin got me this one for my birthday last year too and I really like the details on this one! I like how this mug portrays more of the non-naturey side of Utah by including the film doodles (aka the Sundance Film Festival).  


Denver

What a fun mug! I love this one because of the dark, forest green interior. The doodles on this mug are also very fun and I have such good memories attached to this mug because it was when I went on a day trip to Denver with my cousin. (I wrote a blog post about that whole trip). 

Icon Collection

Krakow
One of my aunts in Poland sent this over for me, which was so sweet. This mug is a part of the 2008 Icon Collection and this collection has so many mugs in the US and around the world. I love the dark green of this mug and how the Sukiennece was captured.


The Bahamas
This was my first Icon mug. I first want to say that I really like the blues and the seashell on the front. I remember when I went to Nassau and I was looking at the mug the whole entire week. I finally bought it at the end of my trip, and now my mother is constantly drinking from it. You're welcome, Mom.


Well, there you have it. Some people collect pins, books, art, maybe even shoes, but I like collecting my mugs :) If you made it this far, thank you so much. I hope you have an awesome day and thank you for reading. It was so interesting to look and see how my collection has grown and it I am excited to (hopefully) collect some of the international YAH mugs (they are so dang cute) and the Been There series in the US!


Love,
yo girl emilia

Follow me on Instagram: @yogirlemilia

Comments

  1. BRO WHY ARE MY COMMENTS IN TIMES NEW ROMAN

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK BUT NEGL!!! this was super super super interesting to read. my favorite mug is the new orleans mug it's color tone is delicious asf

    ReplyDelete
  3. also peep at you saying "hey hey hey!" like bokuto in the new orleans mug review

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts