Food Tier List: Candy Edition


 Happy Valentines Day weekend! I thought it would be fun to make a tier list based on my opinion of candy and candy bars. Please be aware that this is MY OPINION and my opinion is valid and I am allowed to have it. Ok? Ok. I also wanted to say thank you to all of you for reading my blog! I love all of you and if you are all my valentines, Bizzou <3 xoxo



Ok let's explain the Tiers: 

God Tier: self-explanatory, these are my favorites and I could eat pounds of this candy if I were given the chance.

Pretty Pretty Good Tier: This tier is filled with stuff that I find to be delicious, yet if I were to eat too much I feel like I would get sick of it pretty quick.

They Alright Tier: They're okay, nothing too extravagant and I wouldn't mind having some if I were to see it at the store or in my Halloween bag. 

Not complaining: If someone were to give me a bag/bar of this candy I wouldn't complain, but I would never actively search for this candy in a store to buy for my personal enjoyment. 

Once in a while: This is if it is a holiday, I'm craving for it, or if it is the only candy I can find. 

Not impressed: Nothing special, I'll eat it but I would never buy it for myself.

Disappointed: Hyped up candy that is disappointing and lowkey disgusting

DISGUSTANG: DO NOT OFFER ME ANY OF THIS CANDY EVER

Battery Acid: This stuff isn't exactly BAD but this tier is just candy I used to have as a kid and I am reflecting on how it is just flavored sugar and absolutely absurd. 

Let's start from the top to bottom this time! Ready? 

God Tier: Kit Kats, Sweet Tarts Originals, Sour Patch Watermelon, Reese's, Hershey's Cookie and Cream Chocolate, Mamba, Twix, Peanut Butter M&M's (not pictured)

Chocolate Wise, I love wafers and I love peanut butter, sue me I'm obsessed. When it comes to nonchocolate stuff, I like sour things but it can't be battery acid, ya know? Sweet Tarts are my ride or die, except for the lemon ones, I always throw those out. Sour Patch, I don't know man there is just something with how they get the watermelon flavor so so well, it is just *chef kiss*. Mamba is a candy my momma and I bond over, so it brings up good memories and it is honestly a really good taffy. Other than that, I would say my main preference when it comes to Reese's is like the eggs or small cups that they have for holidays or Halloween. I don't like getting the normal cups because there is just something weird about the peanut butter in those, BUT the small ones are delicious and I could eat a whole bag of them. Perfect ratio of PB and chocolate. 

Pretty Pretty Good Tier: Starburst, Sour Punch Straws, Milka Oreo Chocolate, Sweet Tart Ropes, Snickers, Jolly Ranchers, Reese's Pieces, Sweet Tarts Mini Chews, Kinder Joy Hazelnut Eggs

This tier is comprised of stuff that I like, but after eating a good amount, I would say that my teeth will begin to hurt or I just don't feel as good (my marginal utility goes down LOL #economictings) The stuff in this tier is definitely good, just not on the same wavelength as the ones above.

They Alright Tier: Lindor Chocolate, Nerds, Dove Chocolate, Peanut M&M's, Ferro Roche Chocolate, Whoppers, Jolly Rancher Taffy things, Blow Pops, Almond Joys, Dark Chocolate

Out of all options for lollipops, Blow Pops take the cake, then when it comes to chocolates, Peanut M&M aren't that bad they are good, and let me explain the other chocolate. Ferro Roche and Lindor chocolate are a little bit overrated in my opinion. Whenever I have it, it is a bit underwhelming and just normal chocolate, nothing too spectacular. I will say that I do enjoy Dove Dark Chocolate quite a lot and the little messages in the chocolate wrappers give me serotonin. 

Not Complaining Tier: Sour Patch Kids, Crunch Chocolate bars, Welch's Fruit Snacks, Airhead XTreme Rainbow Strips, Hershey's Milk Chocolate, Airhead Taffy, Milk Chocolate M&M's

As I stated above, this tier is filled with candy that if someone were to give me, I would not complain, but it depends on how I am feeling that day to see if I would actually enjoy it. Sour Patch Kids are a hit or miss, the only good ones are the blue and the red ones. In the tier maker, I do not know why they included welch's fruit snacks because I would not consider that candy, but these fruit snacks are alright. I prefer mott's because I just think that they have more flavor and that all welch's taste the same. I said what I said! Milk chocolate in general is weird because I like chocolate flavored things such as ice cream, cookies, you name it, but when eating the chocolate itself it is a bit overwhelming. Eating a whole bar of milk chocolate with no nuts, no wafer, or anything else to accompany it just feels strange. The Rainbow strips are pretty good, but I would much rather get some sour belts from a Mom and Pop candy shop instead.  

Once in a While Tier: Candy Corn, Fun Dip, Warheads, Airhead XTreme Rainbow Bites, Mike and Ikes, Haribo Gummy Bears

Candy corn is that one thing in Halloween that feels very festive, yet you have three and you are like "Yeah no more, this is a decoration bowl now." and then throw it away when the spooky season is over. Fun Dip is the same yet for Valentines, it is fun to give to other people but after you have one you're done. Warheads go for Halloween too and they are honestly so much fun with friends because trying the different sour combinations were fun to rot your teeth and burn your tongue but I would never have one on a random tuesday afternoon. The Rainbow bites don't taste the same as the Rainbow strips and they are uncomfortably...chewy? They just feel very processed and if I could make a comparison, it is like eating a processed and manufactured rice crispy treat vs a handmade rice crispy treat. Mike and Ikes remind me of the movies and they would be my choice if non of the candy above were available to choose. Haribo Gummy Bears aren't so bad... just overhyped? 

Not Impressed Tier: Hershey's Kisses, Caramel M&M's, Swedish Fish, Dum Dum lollipops, Push Pops, Original Tootsie Rolls, Mentos

Kisses are either decoration or just something you pick up from the candy jar at a receptionist's desk, you wouldn't eat a bag of them because they are "great" (plus so much trash??). Caramel M&M's are not impressive, they are underwhelming. Swedish Fish feels like I am chewing on a brightly colored plastic baby toy. The flavor isn't so bad, it is just the texture that I have an issue with. Dum Dums are a cheap option for lollipops, nothing special. Push Pops are lowkey cool but they are so messy?? Tootsie Rolls are ok, but I can only eat one without having my teeth covered in the taffy. Mentos are my mom's favorite candy and if she offers one to me I will say yes because they aren't awful and make fun science experiments with Coca-Cola. 

Disappointed: Lemon Head, Life Savers Gummies, Jelly Beans, Twizzlers

I don't like lemon-flavored candy, it is just so artificial and I would much rather have a lemon pound cake, YUM. The Lifesaver gummies are disappointing because they are so chewy and so flavorless for no reason, go sit in time out. Who eats jelly beans?? I know we were all obsessed with the Beanboozled thing a couple of years ago but this isn't Harry Potter where our present-day jelly beans are spectacular. Ok, Cherry Jelly Beans are good, but they are like 1/10 of the bag when you get them, so no. I don't understand the hype of Twizzlers? That's all I am gonna say. I WILL SAY though that Sprouts has such AMAZING red licorice, y'all should check that one out. 

DISGUSTANG: Skittles, DOTS, Fruit Tootsie Rolls, Peeps

I do not understand people who willingly eat this stuff. All of these candies get stuck in your teeth and when you eat 5 you feel sick. How are these companies in business? I do not understand. Who eats Peeps? Like I know they are popular around Easter, but who eats sugar covered marshmallows as a fun Friday night snack. I just wanna talk. 

Battery Acid: Pixie Sticks, Baby Bottle Pops, Juicy Drop Pops

As I stated above, these aren't inherently BAD, it is just candy that I used to have as a kid and I honestly do not see myself getting this stuff now because it is pure sugar. Pixie Sticks? A stick of slightly flavored sugar that ensures your child will have a high sugar spike and then CRASH just as hard. Good luck with that. Baby Bottle Pops, why were these so much fun but so messy? When I had them or I see my sibling have one in the car, I get so nervous that it is going to spill all over the car and it will be impossible to clean up off of the car or off of our hands. Juicy Drop Pops, ok this one is definitely battery acid, especially the syrup you would squeeze onto the lollipop part. I remember this being so sour and turn my whole entire face blue or red. I would say that out of the three of these, I would definitely have this one again, LOL. 

Well, those are my thoughts, what do you think? How would you tier the candy any different? Discuss with me on Instagram and in the comments of this post! I hope you all have a wonderful time eating candy this weekend, there is nothing wrong with enjoying some candy, it's self-love, LOL. Happy Valentines Day!

love,

yo girl emilia

FOLLOW ME ON INSTA: @yogirlemilia

Comments

Popular Posts