My Favorite Skincare Products of 2018

Happy New Years Eve! I dived into the world of skincare this year and it has actually shown results. People put this huge stamp of the idea of having a skin care being super expensive. In reality, you don't need to have a $60 moisturizer in a 4 ounce tin. All of my favorites are affordable and I have seen a happy improvement in my skin. This is my last post of 2018 that is going to talk about my 4 favorite products of 2018. Enjoy!

Benadryl- itch stopping gel (clear) $4.99

You: "Ugh this isn't a skincare product, I was expecting Drunk Elephant or Glossier!"
Me: Chill out and listen to my explanation bud.

So, the reason why this is one of my favorites of 2018 is because I was ATTACKED! By mosquitos to clarify. You see, I live in Houston, where it is very humid most of the year, so the lovely bites from mosquitos are common. During the summer though, I had a strange morning. I was in California, sleeping on my uncle's couch as I stayed for a couple of nights. It is very common that people don't own air conditioning, so a majority of people will just have a window open to cool down the room. I think you can see where this is going. I woke up one morning, and I was COVERED with red bumps. No, it wasn't chicken pox, they were super itchy mosquito bites that were driving me insane. 

I needed to have Benadryl Itch Cream to help the relive, but I hated that stuff because the cream used to be this ugly white color. You would rub it all over your bites and you would end up looking like a cow. But they I discovered a CLEAR solution. Oh, my life was forever changed. I now treasure this wonderful smelling, clear, cooling cream that I use 24/7 in the spring and summer. 



Philosophy's Sugar Plum Fairy (16oz: $18)

My mother gave this to me last year and I was quite curious on how the heck you use this. I had never used Philosophy's products, and I was pretty excited. From the picture, you can even tell that I have used it quite frequently. I included this as one of my favorites because the smell, texture, and feel of my skin afterwards is extremely rewarding. It is even super sparkly! To be quite honest, I use this as a way to add to a bubble bath, which automatically makes it smell Christmas and makes me dream of sugar plum fairies :)I also used this product as a body wash several times, and it has definite made my skin feel smooth and nice smelling. 


Clean & Clear's Lemon Juice Toner $5.99

I have recently upped my game with my skincare routine and one of my recent additions was a toner. Once I added a toner, my skin was feeling a lot better, considering that I am swimming a ton in harsh chlorine. I picked up the Clean and Clear's Lemon Juice Toner, I thought the packaging was cute and the ingrediants seemed right up my alley. I have been using it for awhile now and I am very pleased with it. My favorite part of this toner is the lemon. The lemon smell and vitamin c being applied to your face just gives you a happy boost in the morning. I feel like it's telling me, "Good job! You are doing great with this skincare stuff." It's cheap, and it gives me good results, so I highly recommend this if you are looking for a toner. 



Burt's Bees Lip Balm $3.30 each

Holy mother trucking bees. There is a definite reason why I put this one last. This is my favorite skincare/beauty product of 2018 because my lips are thriving because of these. In my past, naive years, I tried out EOS lip balm. I ended up having an allergic reaction and I was not finding results from using their products. Then comes spring 2018, where my mother asked me if I would like an extra Honey Burt's Bees lip balm. I said sure and found myself intrigued by the smell and the feeling of it. Honey. I have never had anything that smelled like it and I found myself realizing that my lips were getting smoother. 

Dry climates suck, which sometimes ends up people with disgusting, torn up lips that they chew the skin off and ugh, I don't want to go into details. Burt's Bees are perfect for both genders because everyone can at least keep a lip balm on them to apply and maintain healthy, smooth lips. Because come on, who wants to kiss someone with torn up, dry lips. 

They have a huge assortment of flavors, with holiday ones out every winter. I am absolutely in love with my Chai Tea flavored one, I constantly find myself smelling my lips. I also enjoyed Cucumber Mint because of how fresh it felt on my lips, and it also gave me a little tingle too from the mint. 


I really want to try different types of skincare brands and products in the new year of 2019. Please let me know what you found to be amazing or absolutely horrific, I love the tea feedback. Thank you for reading and happy new years!

love, 
yo girl emilia

Social Media:
Instagram: @yogirlemilia
Youtube: Search "Emilia Mrugala"
Twitter: @emiliakmrugala

Comments

  1. Dickinson's Witch Hazel toner - less than $5 at Target. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts