A Snowy January update


Hey there! It's yo girl emilia and it is currently a Wednesday here in Houston, we are having bad weather all over the country and some severe ice and snow conditions down south here. Now before you northerns start complaining and saying that wELl 20 DeGrEEs iSnT coLD! LaKe miChiGaN iS a bLoCk oF iCe! And yes, I am aware that you guys are dealing with that, and I give you my warm wishes, but I have to say that Houston is not a town that can deal with ice and snow. Our roads are not built to handle ice, and people can't drive here on a normal day, so it would be awful for them to drive all over icy roads.

This weekend was a MLK weekend and we had Monday off, and then it started sleeting and snowing that night and through Tuesday, so we didn't have school Tuesday and Wednesday. (which is GREAT) Because I had a lot of time on my hands and I was able to complete everything, I wanted to make a blog post about what is uuuuuppp with yo girl and just some things to start off our 2018.

So I have been back at school for a couple of weeks and it has been pretty good so far, nothin' too bad. We have been having some MAJOR weather mood swings. (welcome to Texas) For example, last week, the high was about 68-70 and it was a nice and sunny. Two days later, it was 19 outside and it was glooming and it was sleeting and snowy. Nice. (temperatures in fahrenheit) Other than that, I am currently getting ready for my champs season with swimming, next weekend I have my high school Districts meet, and then in February, I have my club short course champs meet. So I am going to practices and figuring out what I need to go for my races. This past weekend, I was actually sick (the flu is going around) and I was super worried on how long I would have it. Turns out, I just had 2 bad days and now I feel fine (still hacking up stuff once in awhile though 👍 ).


After not going to school these past 5 days, I am a lot more relaxed and less stressed out than I was Friday. So I can't really give you an update on how I am doing in that department, but hopefully everything will be good and relaxed. There is just too much freaking drama going on in the world. Though one of the things that I am REALLY looking forward to are the Winter Olympics! Now you may like the Summer Olympics more, for that I understand, but I love watching both of the games because it is so internationally exciting! A fun fact about me is that my grandfather IS an Olympian. He was a world wrestler and went to the 1988 Summer Games in Seoul, Korea and he also was a coach at the 2000 Sydney Games! So I have a pretty big passion for both of the games because of that, and also because they are so much fun to watch.

One of the main reasons why I like watching the Winter Olympic Games is because I HATE winter sports. Whoops, sorry. *Doing winter sports. I don't like skiing, never have done snowboarding, and I am awful at ice skating, how does that make me love the Olympics? Well, I love watching it because I am having these people live out my winter fantasies. Oh you just did a triple axle twist in your figure skating routine? That's great! Good for you! The only downfall of these Olympics is that they are during the school year, whereas the summer games are well, in the summer.


The last thing that I would like to talk about today is a nice music recommendation. Now I am a strange person to talk about music because for one minute I can talk about why the How to Train Your Dragon movie soundtrack is so freaking amazing and then move on to talk about how Kendrick Lamar's album DAMN is also a freaking masterpiece. But for today, I want to talk about some songs that you can study and relax to and others that you can dance to, so here are 2 artists/ groups that I think that you would like.

Catfish and the Bottlemen

This is a band that I found a couple of years ago because one of their songs was free on iTunes, I started listening to them and one of their albums is one of my "Forever Albums", which means that I could listening to it forever and ever. My favorite album of theirs is "The Ride" because it is composed of songs that you can listen to when you want to cry, or put on a leather jacket and ride a motorcycle and be badass. My favorites on the album are Glasgow, Emily, Red, and Postpone. 


Saint Motel

Ah, this is one of the artists that I think that you would know. This is also the artist that I always dance to and love the vibe and beat of. They have several albums that consist of my favorite songs by them, so here are some songs that I like to bob my head to and MOVE ;) (that is one of their most known songs) From their album, "Voyeur" I like Puzzle Pieces and At Least I Have Nothing. From their other album "saintmotelevision" I like Sweet Talk, For Elise, Local Long Distance Relationship (LA2NY), and Move. And finally, from their My Type EP, I like My Type and Cold Cold Man. :)


Thanks for reading! I hope you are more interested in the Winter Olympics and enjoy my music recommendations! I hope y'all have a good January and make sure you stay warm!

Love,
yo girl emilia 

Comments

Popular Posts